OpenCV on the Cell
This site is intended to provide information about optimization of OpenCV library for the Sony PLAYSTATION 3 (PS3) Linux. OpenCV is an open source computer vision library. Please refer to What is OpenCV?
In this project, we are developing the modules called CVCell that accelerate OpenCV Library for the Cell/B.E. processor.
CVCell is currently able to speed up some functions. For example, some arithmetic operations and color conversions run with the CVCell module about ten times as fast as when run with original code.
How to Join
If you are interested in contributing, please see How to Join page.
- October 22, Fix RPM dependency error, and update Installation page.
- Feburary 28, Release RPM packages
- Feburary 22, Update Status and Performance.
- Feburary 22, Add Adding Your Function to Function Optimization.
- Feb. 22, Optimized Mahalanobis and Sum.
- Feb. 13, Optimize Invert.
- Jan. 31, Optimized Transpose
- Jan. 30, Optimized GEMM and ScaleAdd.